SPW Light Painting Photography Workshop
Time & Location
Light painting is an imaging technique that uses a moving light source to add light to an under-illuminated subject while taking a long-exposure photograph. A scene or object can be brought to life by painting with a beam of light!
Slow shutter speed photography and light painting is a very interesting genre of photography which makes you to imagine out of the box and implement them in your creations.
This is your opportunity to learn the advanced concepts and fundamentals of Light Painting Photography from a professional photographer.
Who can attend this workshop?
- If your camera allows you to choose slow shutter speeds (1 second or lower) and you have a Tripod to setup your camera, then you are eligible for this workshop.
- We will demonstrate various creative ways of slow shutter speed to get amazing light abstracts.
- This 4 hours workshop to develop your skills in slow shutter photography.
- This is a workshop session and you will get hands on assignment at the location.
Don't be afraid. This is a friendly workshop aimed at making you feel comfortable with information which would be shared during session. You don't need to be an accomplished photographer, but a basic understanding of exposure and your camera would be your advantage.
Ultimately, the most important thing about any of the workshops is that 'it is fun and that you enjoy it'.
What you will learn on this workshop:
- A better understanding of composition technique and using slow shutter speed
- Get the control of shooting with long exposure
- Have a better technical understanding of your camera
- Get yourself ready for next light painting photography
Maximum Number of Participants: TEN (10)
- This keeps the group small to ensure maximum learning for all.
Minimum Number of Participants: Five (5)
- We need minimum 5 participants to conduct this Photography Workshop.
- 100% refund if event cancelled by organizer.
Location: Kasarsai Dam, Pune
Event Timings: 4:00 PM to 9:00 PM
Meeting Point: Behind Kasarsai Dam (exact location map will be shared)
Workshop Fees: Rs.999/-
- Parking is not available but one could park on road side.
- Complimentary juice and refreshment included.
- Participation Certificate will be provided for this photography workshop.
- There is flat Rs.199/- discount until TBD
- Coupon Code: TBD
Special Offer: Subscribe on SPW website and create your member account to get One (1) free entry coupon for Birds/Nature Photography Workshops.
- Reach the location on time to get the most out of this Photography workshop.
- Carry your Digital Camera (DSLR).
- Tripod is mandatory for this workshop. You could get good Tripod around Rs.2000/-.
- Carry the available zoom lens or kit lens that you have.
- Remote/Cable trigger if you have is your advantage in Slow Shutter Photography.
- Gets your Camera Battery fully charged (get extra battery).
- Memory Card must be empty when coming for workshop.
- Carry your water bottle.
- Carry your personal medications if you are on medication.
- Carry Odomos to keep you protected from mosquito bites.
- At 4:15PM we will have Group Photo, so make sure be there on time at meeting point.
- Before Event Date a separate WhatsApp Group will be set up for participants!
Schedule for Workshop:
- 4:00 PM to 5:00 PM: We will have Group Photo and Certificate of Participation will be provided.
- 5:00 PM to 5:30 PM: We will have introduction 'Me & You' and instructions on Camera settings
- 5:30 PM to 6:30 PM: Introduction to light, composition technique for Light Painting Photography
- 6:30 PM to 08:30 PM: Practical demonstration for different techniques of slow shutter photography. During this time the instructor will keep share knowledge about Camera Settings and Composition methods for Light Painting Photography.
We will complete practical demonstration for below styles of Light Painting,
1. Orbit Creation using unique light setup with help of string.
2. Write using a Torch Light and String Ball.
3. Steel Wool Photography (2 Styles will be demonstrated – Straight – Slanting – Object)
- 08:30 PM to 09:00 PM: We will discuss technical challenges, improvements to composition and other questions, about light and creative aspects. Group discussion on your selected frames for review and feedback.
Special Light Painting Photography equipments will be used for all demonstration.
> We will have special collage Published on Facebook page & YouTube Channel
Review Gallery of previous Street Photography Workshop: https://youtu.be/QxvmWTwJyTI
- Subscribe SPW Lounge and claim Rs.100/- discount coupon for next workshop.
- All cancellations before 15 days of the event date - 100% refund
- All cancellations between 15 - 7 days of the event date - 50% refund
- All cancellations within 7 days of the event date - No refund possible
Organized by: SPW Expedition
Mentor: Sumit Dhuper (Professional Photographer)
SUBSCRIBE US TO GET ALL UPDATES ON CURRENT AND FUTURE EVENTS!
- Per HeadINR 999INR 9990INR 0